Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party!!!

 this is my first bead soup blog party. i really am not a jewelry maker, i make earthy jewelry with my ceramics but I have never taken a jewelry class.


so you ask what is a Bead Soup Blog Party?

well you are hand matched with another person to swap out beads, which Lori Anderson at lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com did, there is approximately 363 entrants! Can you believe each one was hand matched? 

in this particular one we where instructed to send a clasp and a focal bead. you can send more accent beads if you wish but not required to.  once you get your beads you have about a month to create! step out of your comfort zone and do something different. well for me that won't be too hard as like i said, i am not a jewelry artist.

then it's all about blogging about your experience and creations!




this is my soup that i received from my partner Rebecca Sirevaag. so many beautiful pieces here it's hopefully going to go easy for me! she sent so many pieces my head is spinning.





here is my hand stamped focal pendent Rebecca sent. i love leaves so this is just perfect for me!






and finally here is my clasp that I have to use. hummm how can I make it different?


 stay in touch and keep checking back to see what we have created with our soup of beads, it should be a lot of fun to watch what is created.

No comments:

Post a Comment